Title: Cross Country Kids Counsellor
Program: Cross Country Kids (CCK) is an online Vacation Bible Camp that runs daily over the summer months. Each week has a theme, and each day has an activity associated with it – for example; Tuesday is Craft Day.
Hours: 25 hours/week for seven weeks beginning June 28, 2021. These hours are flexible, there are no set hours since some tasks may require a full day, while others may only require an hour or two. Hours can be completed at the counsellor’s convenience provided that all tasks are completed by the deadlines assigned by the CCK Director. Many of the tasks can be completed remotely. Any in person tasks will be completed with the utmost care and attention regarding physical distancing and current recommendations from Public Health regarding Covid 19.
Duties: Cross Country Kids Counsellor can expect to assist with any or all of the tasks listed, however, not all tasks will be required of the counsellor each week.
- Collaborate with the CCK Director to create engaging lessons
- Develop, film, edit, and post digital and print media to various platforms such as Google Classroom, YouTube, Facebook, Website
- Coordinate speakers/guests
- Gather craft supplies and create prototypes for filming
- Appear on camera leading segments such as: Craft, Snacks, Bible Lessons, and Games
- Create and distribute supplementary material for families to do outside of Cross Country Kids
- Education: high school student, post-secondary student or recent graduate
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate some knowledge in video production, editing, and posting to various platforms
- Must have access to a device that can record video and audio
- Must have access to a computer and internet for editing and uploading content
- Experience working with preschool/school aged children or creating programming for these age groups is an asset
- Comfortable appearing in videos that will be aired on various platforms for public viewing
- Strong print and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Christian teachings and Bible stories is an asset
- Access to mode of transportation to travel to location shoots within the Hamilton area.
- Successful candidate over the age of 18 will be required to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Screen
MacNab Street Presbyterian Church celebrates inclusion and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Please email Christina McCarthy at email@example.com with any questions you may have about this position prior to applying.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the HR Committee, attn: Rhonda Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday June 4, 2021 at 4:00pm